Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Customer Access Support Tickets Marked as "Critical"

When we are putting in a customer support ticket to Skyward, there is a "critical" checkbox that can be selected. Through research, we have discovered that these "critical" tickets go to a dispatcher. That dispatcher then identifies whether the need is actually "critical" or not. I understand the need to process tickets like this because, let's be honest, everybody things that all of their own issues are critical OR they have put things off to the last minute to handle. However, if this dispatcher does NOT read the entire message or fully understand what is happening then they might miss…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. rich content editor

The message center needs a huge improvement. Think about including rich text editor like MS Outlook or perhaps like MailChimp or MailerLite. Think about drag and drop editor, coding, and insert pictures instead of limiting to attach only. The current toolbar editor has no flexibility to create a nice layout for our parents and students when sending out messages to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email notification to HR for more than one status code on an applicant. (490 and 495)

I would like to be able to set it up in Skyward so that I, as an HR Director, receive an email when an applicant's status code is changed to a 490. I already receive one for the 495 but would prefer to have both.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. KS - ADD LINK IN EMAIL FOR TRUE TIME APPROVAL

I was told that the email notification for True Time Timesheet approval is hardcoded and cannot be modified - which is fine - BUT....it would be most helpful if there was a LINK to click on in the email that would take you to the approval page (like there is for time off requests). Since we don't have student - certified staff do not stay in Skyward - they only get in when they get notified that they have something pending.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Automated Emails to HR/Finance database

We would really like to be able to use Automated Emails in our HR/Finance database like we do with our Student database. For example we would like to send an automated email when new hires are added and be able to filter on their employee type. It is already in place on the Student side. We are hoping it can be added to the HR/Finance side too. It will increase efficiency by automating notifications.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Alert for PD requests pending approval

I think I may have asked this before but another supervisor has requested that I ask Skyward to add this feature. Professional development requests awaiting supervisor approval do create an email that alerts the supervisor of the request. However the alert feature within Skyward does not include those pending PD requests. I just found two PD requests over a year old that were waiting approval from the supervisor. The supervisor was unaware they were there because the onscreen alert (the yellow ball that indicates time sheets time off requests or requisitions requiring approval) doesn't include PD requests.

Please consider adding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea to the Ideas Portal.

This is the platform for Skyward users to show support for ideas they like. It’s also the perfect place to share your thoughts and start a conversation about the idea.

If you like this idea, and you want it considered for development, then we need to see your support!

If you like this idea, please vote and comment. You can track it as it rises to the top of the list.

Thank you,
    Ashley Prinsen
    Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Feedback and Knowledge Base