Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Indicate previously denied CC transactions and decline multiple with same comments

This is a two part/related question related to credit card transaction approvals.
    1)We're wondering if there's a way to indicate that a credit card transaction had been previously denied when it comes back for approval. The goal would be that when the approval comes back through, it would somehow show that it had previously been submitted and denied. I don't know if that would mean creating a new option besides app or deny (maybe review or something similar) or maybe some time if asterisk indicator?
    2) Is there a way to deny several transactions at the same time with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Encumber Funds When P-Card Transaction Is Submitted for Approval

A district's budget management would benefit if Skyward encumbered budgetary funds when an employee submits a transaction for approval. I understand that a purchase order would encumber the funds, but I do not want to ask employees to complete an additional form in Skyward. That said, if p-card transactions are not invoiced, the expenditures are not reflected in the budget. Our department leaders use their budget reports to make decisions, but the reports don't do much for them when they have numerous p-card transactions that are not encumbered. I upload p-card transactions daily, and if there were a way we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Account Balance Info/Graphic to Credit Card Approval

Could Skyward please consider adding the account balance info and/or pie graph that displays when approved Requisitions on the Credit Card approval screen as well? It is really difficult to approve or deny a purchase when I have no way to see how much is in the account/s.

Screen shot of the two screens attached; one of the Requisition Approval Screen with the account details and chart and one of the CC Approval Screen without the account details.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Credit Cards - Receipt attachment not following to AP Invoice entry / Vendor Profile

Currently the credit card attachments do not follow through to the Vendor Profile once processes in AP. The only way you are able to see them are through the credit card activity. It would be helpful if the attachment would follow through to Accounts Payable invoice screen and then to the Vendor Profile so we wouldn't have to attach them manually. Thanks!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Separate bank account for each credit card transaction

We use both Finance and Activity Funds on credit card transactions. When I build the invoice I only have the option to choose one bank account. Then I have to run a report to see which transactions that fell within my date range belong to a different bank account and then go into AP/Invoice entry and select that individual invoice and edit to change the bank account. It is very time consuming and if this step is missed then AP gets hung up when trying to print the check register.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to attach multiple account clearance groups to one user.

I would like to see the option to attach multiple account codes to one user in the Account Clearance Groups. We have users that use more than one group. Currently you can only select one and if they need to use a different account group we have to manually change it every time. For example, the Curriculum department has multiple account groups assigned to them in Product Setup/Account Groups. However, in the credit card configuration/credit card groups/ account clearance group there is only one group to choose from. Most of the time they use the Curriculum group but If they…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The software does allow an individual to be attached to more than one account clearance group. Based on the rest of the question, we believe you are talking about assigning Account Clearance groups to Credit Card groups, which is a little bit different. What is the reason that an Account Clearance Group needs to be assigned to the Credit Card Groups?

When talking about the Credit Card Group configuration, I am assuming what is being said is that one or more Credit Card Groups have an Account Clearance Group assigned to them. It is true that an individual Credit Card Group can have only one Account Clearance Group assigned. But, typically, Account Clearance Groups are not assigned to a Credit Card Group. If a user is part of one or more Account Groups, they will still only be able to see their Account Group expense accounts when going into the…

7. Add ability to create a customized filter

I would like to request the ability to add my own customizable filter to the credit card approval screen as well as account detail similar to that on the Approve Requisitions page. As the business manager/final approve I approve all cc transactions so it would be easier to see only the info I want vs scrolling to the right = waste of time. It would be awesome if this screen showed the account detail / usage as the Approve Requisitions screen does. Making the verification and approval of credit card transactions more efficient and accurate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Approving credit card transactions

Due to so many credit card transactions under Review/Submit Transactions could you please add the select all transactions to approve? Last month I had 150 transactions to approve one by one. This takes a lot of time. I understand that the last approver has this option however it seems appropriate for other users as well. This will save so much time if I do not have to click submit 180 times.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good Evening!

The functionality to select all Credit Card transactions to approve already exists! You can start selecting all credit card transactions to approve today!

Thank you and have a great day!

Caitlin Barton
    Product Manager

9. Allow Asset Code in Import for Credit Cards

When we upload an asset code to the import for our credit card file it will not accept the asset code. After talking to Skyward customer service they stated that I would have to submit a Enhancement request because they system will not allow asset codes in the import. We would be able to upload 01 A 131 00 in our credit card imports. Allow asset liability and equity codes to be uploaded in the credit card import process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea to the Ideas Portal.

This is the platform for Skyward users to show support for ideas they like. It’s also the perfect place to share your thoughts and start a conversation about the idea.

If you like this idea, and you want it considered for development, then we need to see your support!

If you like this idea, please vote and comment. You can track it as it rises to the top of the list.

Thank you,
    Ashley Prinsen
    Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Feedback and Knowledge Base