Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

21 results found

1. Make the Font larger for addresses

Please increase the Font on the address for the Food Service Report for Payor Balance Reports. The font is so small and hard to read. I have had several complaints from numerous people including from mail carriers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Person Count Report by Building-all together

In the Employee Administration, Reports, Person Count Report- I'd like an option to have the report tell me how many of each staff type (teacher/support staff/admin/food service, etc) there are by building without having to run each building separately. Sort by? How many staff, by type, are at each building. (see attached - each building could be displayed like this, one right after the other with a total at the end.) Also, when you run this report for one building, the parameters (building name) are not shown on the report - that would also be helpful to indicate what information…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paramaters to "Compare Assigns in EM to Pay Recs in Payroll"

We need a way to eliminate inactive employees from this report.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Report for WRS terms and enrollments is needed

Please create a report that would meet WRS specs for the massive amounts of mid year terms and enrollments. We can data mine the information needed however, the set up and format they require is something that has to be designed by our software provider to meet the requirements that WRS has.
    We have to get special login credentials from WRS to upload the report however it needs to meet their very specific format and ability to save it in a .txt format.
    Or create more options in the annual WRS reporting that would allow only specific people, pulled from…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pulling Reports on Historical Data when an Employee has changed Employee Type

I would like to see some enhancements on historical payroll data reports.
    I want to pull a report showing the total payroll amounts by Employee Type and pay code type. HOWEVER, I want the report to show those that were in that employee type during the time frame of the payrolls.
    For example, in 2020-21, Susie Smith was a paraprofessional. In 2021-2022, she became a teacher. I want to be able to pull a report for 2020-21 showing employees that were paras at the time. Right now, the system only pulls current employee types. So if I need to pull…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this Product Idea. We have reviewed it and would like to see more support from the Skyward user community prior to considering it for development.

This Idea will remain open for the Skyward user community to show support by voting and commenting on it with additional use cases.

Thank you!

6. In PAC, Reporting, Detail check history. 1) have a "look up" button. 2) be able to create folders for reports I want to keep.

1) I save a lot of reports in Detail Check History. It would be nice to have a "lookup" feature, so I don't have to scroll through all of them. i.e. ones starting with a "T". 2) It would be very helpful to have folders where I can save & store reports for future reference. i.e. for Audits. Then I do not have to re-create them. But then they are also not cluttering the rest of my reports. Or also to have folders for reports I run every pay day--have them all together in one folder. Kind of like "saved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. We've reviewed it and have the following suggestions to try instead:

(1) On the Web, the Vendor Check History has a lookup feature. 

(2) We've heard from other Skyward customers that they use a prefix on the report description for grouping reports, this would also help when using the lookup feature on the Web.

(3) On the Web, you can schedule Reports, this is one solution to implement for the reports you run daily. 

Thank you!

7. Project/Grant Reports

In FM/Account Management, Project/Grant Management Reports, Account Activity Report, it doesn't have the option to export to Excel. Could there be an option to add it like the rest of the data mining reports? Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WF\AM\GI\CA\RE Cash Receipt Report

Can you offer more reports for Cash Receipts? Something like the PaC version which allows you to select the batches and not have you enter receipt numbers. The Report for cash receipts is very basic.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to run a report based on the Notes section in the Employee Profile

I add notes under the Notes button in the Employee Profile as there is nowhere else to put extra information and, within the notes, you have to choose a category. I would like to be able to run a report based on the category. Example: We put our employees 5-year, 10-year, etc. recognition in there under a category of Recognition but I can't find a way to pull a report based on the Recognition category so I can see who has been recognized in the past and should be again in the future. I also put in a category for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Budgetary Data Mining - LFM Name format for PR

Can the payroll detail records for the Budgetary Data Mining appear with last name first? I was told that the FML format is hard coded into the system. Is that right? That makes it impossible to sort reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Seclusion/Restraint fields to SkyBuild for Seclusion/Restraint

Please add Seclusion and Restraint fields to SkyBuilds for export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add User ID to the "blue bar" at the top of reports

We share a printer between 8-12 people in our office. We could be printing anything from GL lines in Data Mining to Check Registers in AP to Journal Entries or Cash Receipts, etc. When we print, if we don't make it to the printer in the next 5 seconds, our 'job' might end up mixed with someone else's. It would be helpful if there was a "User ID", much like there is a Date, Page number, Time, etc in the blue area at the top of the report. If we use the "Print Title Page" option in Data Mining, we're…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to save parameters in Web reporting

Please add the ability to save parameters in Web Data mining and reporting. Very frustrating to have to continually have to go back and recreate them each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option in LPR to have the system remove Year of Service

Similar to the CRDC, add the option to have the years of service subtract one within the template. We increment at the beginning of the year and always have to back it out. The CRDC has the option to subtract a year or leave as is. It would be nice to not have to manually update the information prior to submission.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Detail Line Description in Vendor Check History Reports

When submitting check requests through the web there is a space for "Detail Line Description" where a user can input a more detailed description than the Invoice Description. When running a Vendor Check History report the only description that shows is the Invoice Description. There is no option to add the Detail Line Description in the field selection. Could the Detail Line Description be added in the field selection where it would show the Detail Line Description if there is one and if there is no Detail Line Description (PAC entered invoices) then it would just show the Invoice Description?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Account Clearance Groups - Add Mass Delete option for users

Skyward currently offers a Mass Add option to add users to Account Clearance Groups. I would like to see an option to Mass Delete user option? We currently have to manually remove users one at a time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enhancements to the EM Pay Distribution Report

Would like to have an option to Display Repeating Fields so that we can convert to Excel and have the account codes listed for each person. We'd also like to have the building code and FTE added to this report. Our goal would be to have something similar to the Employee Costing Report found under Salary Negotiations. See attached file with screen shots. Either add an option to Display Repeating fields (as used in the Payroll Account Distribution Report) or adjust the Convert to Excel process to repeat the account codes. The current report has room for more fields to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Human Resources Data Mining - And-Or Filter

We would like to have the same data mining options that can be found in Skyward Student. HR is missing the And/Or Filter . This would give us a another level to filter down the information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would like 'Time Left' field to be available in DM

Our district sends out letters monthly to employees who have 6 or less sick days left. We are trying to come up with a more streamlined solution than sending out a paper letter. The time left field is currently not available in data mining. If we were able to pull this field for Sick Leave then we could set a range of 0 to 6 days left. This would generate a report with the exact employees that need letters.

I am trying to help alleviate some of the manual tasks that HR has to do as their work load keeps…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try this instead:

Access this same information through Employee Time Off Tracker. With the tracker, you can select employees and the time off codes you want to see. Then on the browse, you can use the filter to see employees with specific amounts. You are able to get the data you need through this method and still use task manager to notify employees.

Thank you!

20. Enhancements to Pay Distribution Report

Make the following enhancements to the Pay Distribution Report:

1) Add an option to print either the SSN Employee ID or neither

2) Add the Calc FTE to the report. Since this is sorted by the Account Number we will have to prorate the FTE and add an asterisk to the line if someone has a split distribution.

3) Add the YTD payments and contract balance

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting and voting on this idea.

We’ve requested feedback while researching this request. Going forward, we are not considering this request for development.

Please continue to contribute your ideas — they push us to innovate, problem solve, and really understand your needs.

Thank you,
    Ashley Prinsen
    Product Owner

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Feedback and Knowledge Base