Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Mass CHANGE Transaction utility needed (HR\TO\UT)

There is currently a utility within time off that you can Mass Add/Delete Time Off transactions. However, there is no Mass CHANGE time off transactions. This would be extremely helpful when dealing with emergency school closures. For example: A number of employees had sick leave approved for January 12. January 12 ended up being a snow day for staff. I would like to see a utility where I could go in and Mass CHANGE the hours for a time off code on a certain date to zero. That way no one is charged for taking the day off since the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Time Off  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Time Off Liability Report

There is not a report that calculates the financial liability related to accumulated time off balances. If the Employee Data Mining available fields included the accumulated time off hours by code, users could add the appropriate pay code, export to Excel and do a quick calculation of the accrued financial obligation per employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Entered By and Date Entered as Report options

For customers who used Time Off LTD where time off is entered by someone else, need these fields to assist with verification on a time off transactions that have been entered. TO LTD only launches the Detail Transaction Report.

Add both Entered By and Date Entered as report options on Detail Transaction Report so the report can be limited to only include these transactions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Time Off Attendance Report for Date Range Defined.

Add an "Attendance" Report to Time Off. In this report it would have a designated date range, and the district must choose the Time Off codes to be included with calculating the attendance.

The goal would be to find all employees how had NO USED DAYS for the codes selected during the date range. If they have not used a day then they were in attendance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Time Off Detail Summary Report - remove GROUP subtotal from report

Districts need the ability to just see the totals by Time Off Code. Summary allows that, but it automatically add a GROUP SUB TOTAL to the report. When dropped to Excel this extra sub totals has to be removed before the report is useful. Add a option to Detail Transactions Report to REMOVE the GROUP Sub Totals from the report.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Leave Without Pay allowing for approval without denying timesheet once switched from used to unpaid

This is a timing issue with Leave Without Pay that is put in as used and when TRS Reporting is done the LWOP is switched to unpaid, in the mean time the employee has submitted the timesheet with used LWOP and when the approver tries to approve it will not let the approver approve because it has been switched to unpaid. The only way is for the approver to deny the timesheet and have the employee resubmit. I feel if the employee is submitting LWOP that it should allow for an approver to approve without having to deny. This takes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. FMLA Tracking - Third Party TO import

FMLA tracking is more important that ever. FMLA tracking is tied to absence reasons which is perfect. The problem is that when using the third party import, you can only link to TO code and not TO code/Reason combo. This would be desirable.

The simple work-a-round would be to add the reason code on the edit form to add the reason on this step of the import process. This would require manual intervention, but much easier than currently we need to go to each employee and edited each day from the profile.

We have web services configured with Frontline, which…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Time off hours should match FTE import/Employee Management

It would be great if the time off hours would auto update to match each imports FTE instead of having to manually update for all of those who have changed each school year. Manually updating Insurance Tracker FTE as well as time off hours.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. See adjusted duration on time-off request

Sometimes an employee may submit their time off request but it's for the wrong duration. Example, a Para submitted 3 hours of sick time off for a dr. appointment but came back earlier than expected. The time off was already fully approved so I adjusted the duration on their profile. When the employee goes into Employee Access, they can see the adjusted duration when they select Time Off and then "My Status". However, if they go into Time Off and then "My Requests", it will show the originally submitted duration. Can we make both sections of Time off reflect the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. HR, Utilities, Mass Add Transactions

It would be extremely helpful to be able to Mass Add Transactions by a date range not just one day at a time for groups of employees. If you would please add this it would save us a lot of time entering time off allocations and used time off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Time Off  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Time off in Mobile App KS

We require our paras to tag the school secretary in all time off requests - so the school secretary knows they are going to be gone for the day. (They do this by selecting employees to notify when this request is submitted and approved/denied) - however, in the mobile app this is not an option. Is there a way of adding this to the mobile app so secretaries can be notified in addition to the paras direct supervisor.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paid Special Request how it ties into the timesheet

I would like to see it show up in a True Time timesheet, when someone has a request for Paid Special Request, that it show me WHAT option they chose tied to the PSR. Like it should say PSR, conference or PSR, PD hours. This is super confusing when trying to process timesheets. I would like it defined more within the timesheet itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time Off Request in Excess of Hours Scheduled

Is there a way or could you implement a way for employees to not be able to request time off when they have already worked their scheduled hours? For instance: Jane is schedule to work 40 hours per week. She leave 2 hours early on Tuesday, but ends up working an additional 2 hours through out the course of the week. Therefore she did not need to enter a time off request. Since she has entered one and it was approved she will now earn 3 hours of comp time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Time Off  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prevent Employees from Requesting More Hours Than Setup

In Employee Access, employees will get an pop-up message warning them that they are requesting more hours than the number of hours per day in their time off setup. However, this is a warning only. Employees can click OK and submit the request anyway. I'd like to see an option for making this an error instead of a warning to prevent employees from submitting such requests.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Time Off  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Online Leave Requests-Employee Positions

It would be great if there was an ability to input employees positions/locations when submitting leave requests. Currently only the employee name shows up and has no other identifying info like if they are a teacher or aide, which school they work at, etc. As the person who finds their subs, I have to have a staff chart handy from year to year now, so I can look up what an employee does, if they haven't told me in the description. IF they remember to tag me on the request and it comes to my inbox, I can see which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An option to tag necessary personnel on leave requests automatically.

There needs to be an option for online leave requests to automatically go to the necessary personnel. Currently it automatically goes to the admin who needs to approve it, but employees need to remember to tag me on the request. As the person who tracks time off and finds subs for every building, this is an ongoing headache, as not everyone remembers to tag me, despite the fact I have an alert that pops up that reminds them to do this every time they go to submit a request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable the ability to delete time off/leave request after submitting.

It would be helpful if there was an option that would keep employees from deleting their requests after they have submitted them, or give me a notice that they did delete it. If they submit and then delete, the system gives no notification that it was deleted. As the person who arranges subs for the district, this is not good because I have already received the notice they need a sub, but no notice they no longer need one, which will result in a sub showing up for work when not needed. (I am aware they can't delete it after…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide the ability for users to elect to hide SSN when running the Accumulated Sick Leave & Vacation Report

With this report being generated and possibly sent to employees with no need to see SSN, it would be great if could to hide SSN when running the Accumulated Sick Leave & Vacation Report. Similar functionality exists elsewhere in the software and it makes sense to add it here as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Flag for High Priority Days

Is there a way to be able to set up High Priority Days that would set a flag when an employee submits for the particular day. At the beginning of the year we would have to set these days to be flagged.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. sick leave approval settings

In the time off approver settings, have a setting that allows you to select a primary approver for sick leave using the primary pay code.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?