Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

13 results found

1. Font Type

In Skyward > Preferences > User Preferences it would be LOVELY to be able to select a different font that users could change depending on their needs. I know that there are some font options but NOT ENOUGH we want to be able to have different styles and sizes. As I have said in other customized suggestions, we have little joy in our lives as office workers and these tiny adjustments can make our lives so much easier and can be the reason that we come to work every morning.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. color

This is a silly, preference idea but it would just be FABULOUS to be able to have some more color selections in the Skyward > Preferences > User Preferences > Theme Color. Maybe a yellow, orange, teal, or even a customizable color where you could have any color in the world. I only ask as we are just office workers and have to get our joys wherever possible.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I-94

For the enrollment and registration process, we need a way to gather the I-94 number from parents instead of creating another custom form. This question can be as simple as 'Do you or your student have an I-94' textbox or something close to that? It cannot be a mandatory field. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Standards-Based Report Card

Custom Standards-Based Report Card We need to have the ability to display the students Add On Bonus GPA. We can add the Term GPA as a Skyward field but that is not accurate for our high flying students to display the bonis GPA.

Custom report cards should allow to select custom fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Modify screens in SBAA and Purchasing

It would be great if we could modify our screens to better fit our needs. LIke deleting rows that aren't fitting our needs. Currenlty in purchasing you can modify and find your modifications under CLONES but there is no ability in SBAA to do the same. And rather than cloning I just want to remove columns

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting the product idea!

We are looking for more information on this:

1. Are you referring to the ability to modify the view of the browse and what information displays?

2. What information are you looking to adjust, and under which menu paths? (Check Requests, Cash Receipts, Journal Entries, Purchase Orders?)

3. How does this change affect your day to day duties?

This idea will remain open for further input from the Skyward Community.

Thank you!

Erik O.

6. Add a Time Off Request & Skycoder

Allow HR Custom Forms to be Skycoded onto Time Off Requests. Currently only "STUDENT CUSTOM FORMS" can be Skycoded onto an HR Employee Access - Time Off request. I was told "this is how it is programmed and to submit a Product Idea" to which I replied "this seems more like a programming error -- why would a STUDENT CUSTOM FORM be placed on an HR screen"? Thank you

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We'd like to understand this request better. What are you trying to accomplish with adding an HR Custom Form to Time Off Requests via Skycoder?

An HR Customer Form is typically used to add extra fields for an Employee and we'd understand the usefulness on the Employee Edit Screens. 

By adding extra fields to the time off request are you expecting to edit the same information for that employee for every time off request? Is it informational only? 

More details for how you'd expect this to work and what you're expecting to happen will help us understand this request.

Thank you!

7. Character Limit Increase for First and Middle Name Fields

Increase character limits for first and middle name fields to 30 to match the character limit of last name. Currently they are limited to 15 characters and we are unable to enter the employee's full legal name.

It would be great if we could customize character limits for fields, but if not, then an increase for these 2 fields would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Form Lookup Warning

It would be great if there was a warning when you try to modify/rename a Custom Field for a custom form. I forgot that the fielc on Custom Form does not update, so it appears orphaned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit custom reports under Employee Profile to those assigned to that employee

Currently under Employee Profile, the Custom Forms tab shows all active forms, rather than the forms assigned to that particular employee. It is my understanding that under Skyward Student, there is a setting that when selected, only shows custom forms applicable to that person. It would be very helpful if we had the same option for Employee Profile.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Form Date field

I would like the ability to use a date on a custom form without the day of the week showing up. I have to create a form with 26 date fields and the day of the week takes up a lot of real estate and it is not necessary

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Language Preference

Allowing the End User a language preference would be extremely helpful. Especially in Employee Access when an employee speaks and reads in a different language. This would be a huge benefit for those having to use Time Off and True Time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto -generated e-mail to teacher when student punches the tardy kiosk.

Auto-generated e-mail to teacher when student punches the tardy kiosk. This would let the teacher know that the student was coming and the teacher could notify the office if the student did not arrive. This would eliminate students punching the kiosk and then not going to class.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Signatures on Employee Letters from signature file

It would be really great to be able to apply an on file signature (board administrator) to an employee letter. We have specific board and administrator signatures on file for check printing and purchase orders. This would be a great feature on employee letters. With out an authorized signature on the document it really serves very little purpose to create and retain an unsigned document.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Feedback and Knowledge Base