Skip to content

Product Ideas Portal

SMS 2.0 School Management System

When you chose Skyward, you chose a partnership over a purchase, a user-centered solution over a canned system, and a better experience over the status quo.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 School Business Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

Customer Feedback for the

SMS 2.0 Student Management Suite

Share your ideas here and watch them evolve into the future of our products and services. We can't respond to all of them, but we are committed to reading every single idea.

School Business Suite

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

202 results found

1. Fix Tab Order

It would be helpful to have the tabs hit both the account Amount and the Account Percentage field while in the AP invoice entry screen. Currently it will tab correctly on the first line and then it will skip to the Account Percent for following lines, which the Account Amount is the more used filed. See attached

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Life Long Counter - Sub Tracking

Our district would like to offer an incentive every 45 days a sub works. This does not have to be consecutive. I can set this is up using the Life Long Counter section in Rate Tables, however, it only allows me so many "lines" to create the structure. As of now, I can only go up to 135 days. We've run reports from previous years and we've had subs that have worked up to 171 days in a school year. That being said, if we had just two more "lines" in the Life Long Counter, I could get this set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. We need your feedback!

The Rate Table is structured to put in the “Last Unit at Rate”, so you’ll just see the high number in Skyward.

Example (visual also attached):
    0-44 $100
    45 BONUS RATE
    46-89 $125
    90 BONUS RATE
    91-134 $150
    135 BONUS RATE
    136-179 $175

In the above example, you can see that I got to 179 days of subbing.

Does this work or is there additional set up not mentioned in the Product Idea that would need to be taken into consideration?

Thank you!

3. For Student and Business provide wellness screening fields in Data Mining

For Student and Business provide wellness screening fields in Data Mining

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expense Reimbursement Attachments

It would be helpful if you could add/Edit attachments for Expense Reimbursements like you can other areas of finance. It would help with the AP Process.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. vendor browse

When you select a vendor to view in PAC that is inactive, It automatically takes you to the web. Apparently it is because you cannot inactivate a vendor in PAC, so if you are wanting to make any changes to the vendor profile (like reactivating) it has be be done in web. If I am trying to view it, I should be able to see it in PAC. I can understand if I hit the edit button that it would go to the web, but I am only selecting the vendor in the display screen. This is very time consuming.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vendor  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Insurance and fingerprinting information for vendors added to profile

Would like to have a box for different insurance date (IE workers comp, liability and auto insurance). Also somewhere to put date of fingerprinting is done. Also to have the ability to pull the information in a report so when vendor packets need to be redone you do not have to go through every vendor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Employee Usernames

Contact Access- Setup- Configuration- Employee Users

Please add a space position as an option for part 2 of the login format, so user names can be first name, space, last name. Currently I have to manually add the space before emailing the account re-set link to new hires.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Employee ID available as Cross Reference in Custom Forms Import Data from Excel

In Employee Tab > Setup > Config > Custom Forms Setup > Import Data > Extract Data From Sheet. The options for cross referencing out of the excel doc into Skyward are only: Name ID, NalphaKey, SS#, (and others - student related #s - we don't use). I want there to be the option of Employee ID too! Is that possible?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like deductions and benefits set up as ONE code in ONE area, with a deduction and benefit listed separately on the same screen.

I would like deductions and benefits set up as ONE code in ONE area, with a deduction and benefit listed separately on the same screen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Select Fields under Employee Access, Employee Profile, Employee for Administrative Team to view.

I have the administrative team set up under employee access to view employee profile and emergency contact. Under the employee profile, the identification numbers appear and I would like to see an option that this would not be available for a group. There is no reason the administrative team needs this information and just one more way that fraud with social security numbers could happen. It is a great feature for all the other information available for them, but no need for the identification numbers. Please consider this and keep me updated on your decision. Thank you and stay healthy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. We need your feedback in order to better understand what you expect in the system.

How is your administrative team set up under security?
    What exactly would you like your Administrative Employees to view under Employee Profile, ex: which tabs, which fields?
    What fields can they currently view that you would like to hide?
    Have you already verified that these fields can’t be controlled under a confidentiality setting?
    Have you already submitted a Service Call to our Skyward Customer Consulting and Service Department to assist with setting this up?

Thank you!

11. Employee Access: Staff to View One Page Calendar (PDF)

We have over 70 employee assignment calendars in our district. Staff can activate their assignment calendar from the Calendar area and view it month by month but what we would find extremely helpful is the ability for staff to view the one page PDF view of their calendar. Perhaps it could be added as a link on the Set Calendar Display Options screen. Or, I could see this as an option under the Personnel tab or as a drill down feature when looking at their Assignment. After expanding the assignment, I can see the calendar name listed under Term Information.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accounting for wires

Wondering if this is already posted somewhere else, might not just be wires. The Accounting for Wires doesn't mirror payable activity, particularly important across FY.

When I'm batch updating wire payments with 2019-20 expenses, I need to do so with a 6/30/20 posting date to keep the expense in that FY. The wire has taken place in July. At the time of processing the check register, I would expect the payment to reflect as a July credit to cash, debit to the AP liability.

Since it doesn't I have to now JE my wires in July into the Liability on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to view Account Number from Entry and Approval Screen

In the invoices entry, requisition entry, purchase order entry, invoice approval, and requisition approval screens you should be able to see the expense accounts as part of the grid. This would allow you to check the account distribution without having to go into each individual invoice or requisition. Would speed up checking and make entry more consistent.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a warning message when a payroll includes ACA-related Additional Medicare Tax for earnings in excess of $200k.

Adding a warning message when Additional Medicare Taxes are included in a payroll would greatly reduce the time spend auditing the Medicare deductions and benefits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea.

We need some more information from you to best respond.

Are you using an additional Medicare code during payroll? If so, why?

The Medicare tax table is setup with the Medicare High Income Threshold of $200,000. The system will automatically combine all codes flagged as Medicare to meet the threshold.

The system should process and combine if you have calculated Medicare and then also an amount type Medicare code used during payroll. During the calculation process you should receive a warning message the employee has met that threshold amount of $200,000.

If you’re still having trouble, I’d suggest submitting a Service Call to our Customer Consulting and Support Center and a Representative will be able to review your settings and troubleshoot with you.

Thank you!

15. Ability to see account numbers when entering invoices

I am trying to clean up vendor records with more data at our fingertips. When we have the invoice in front us for entering for payment is when we can see account number the vendor uses for us , their address, remit to address, terms etc. Please show the account number for that vendor on our invoice entry screen. Please see example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Processing Lists

We would like to be able to Clone co-workers Processing Lists. Also it would be nice to be able to delete old lists of employees that have not been here for years.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update Last Inventoried Date

For districts that inventory their fixed assets annually, add a utility to mass change the Last Inventoried Data based on building and/or class.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On the Web in Data Mining have Lines per Inch like PAC, so you use less paper when printing the reports.

On the Web in Data Mining have Lines per Inch like PAC, so you use less paper when printing the reports

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Snapshot of what a fund looked like based upon a specific date

Our SBOA auditors have been asking us for a "snapshot" of our Federal Funds based upon a specific date of their choosing. This currently isn't possible because everything is like a living document in Skyward. So if we need to reproduce a data mining report from a prior date (say 8-31-19 for example) to verify something such as our reimbursement request for August expenditures will never be correct or the same as it was from 8-31-19 due to activity throughout the following months. We should be able to print the same report we did from a year ago and get…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Mining  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea. We need your feedback!

We’re looking for clarity on this idea: Is this idea requesting an update to the reporting capabilities or does it deal more with the fact that if you backdate something we don’t have a tracker field in Data Mining to indicate that the transaction was backdated?

Thank you for your feedback!

20. Truetime Org Chart

Our teachers work extra hours and they submit these hours on pay vouchers. Each pay voucher, depending on what the extra hours are, have supervisors approval the hours worked. I worked with Skyward over the summer in trying to get each of the extra pay items, entered as a new pay code at each building, but unfortunately, the org chart cannot accommodate the different scenarios we had.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Feedback and Knowledge Base